• We strive to be a place where there can be honest discussion, debate and fellowship. The rules are few so you can speak your mind. We know we are living in tough times and we hope to share answers and help with each other. Please join us.

3 John 10

clark thompson

Advanced Poster
3 John 1:10

KJV 10 Wherefore, if I come, I will remember his deeds which he doeth, prating against us with malicious words: and not content therewith, neither doth he himself receive the brethren, and forbiddeth them that would, and casteth them out of the church.

MKJV 10 Therefore if I come, I will remember his deeds which he does, ranting against us with evil words. And not content with these, neither does he himself receive the brothers. And he forbids those who would, and casts them out of the church.

These are my thoughts, please share yours.
Sometimes God needs to remind us of the bad things He has brought us from and who we used to be and other times He reminds us of who He has now made us to be and where He is trying to lead us, we are to focus to much on either though because we are to walk daily with the Lord and not walk now in the past or now in the future. There are those who do not receive Christians and John is speaking of a man inside the church who is doing nothing but harm to the church. Do we ourselves receive Christians good, really think those that may have harmed us if they came to faith would we receive them, we may need work in this area ourselves but we may not go to the extreme this man would have went to. He was trying to keep people from the faith, he was trying to choose who would or not come to faith, this is never for us to but for the Lord to bring people into faith, we are to just serve Him.