• We strive to be a place where there can be honest discussion, debate and fellowship. The rules are few so you can speak your mind. We know we are living in tough times and we hope to share answers and help with each other. Please join us.

1 John 3:18-20

clark thompson

Advanced Poster
1 John 3:18-20
KJV 18 My little children, let us not love in word, neither in tongue; but in deed and in truth. 19 And hereby we know that we are of the truth, and shall assure our hearts before him. 20 For if our heart condemn us, God is greater than our heart, and knoweth all things.
WEB 18 My little children, let’s not love in word only, neither with the tongue only, but in deed and truth. 19 And by this we know that we are of the truth, and persuade our hearts before him, 20 because if our heart condemns us, God is greater than our heart, and knows all things.

These are my thoughts, please share yours.

18 We are to love thru actions; actions contain words but go beyond just saying and go to more doing. Just like works show our faith, actions show our love. We show love to God by how we live and how we treat others.

19 If we have God’s love in us we are His, these shows thru the Spirit in us. For us to love those who hate us shows we have Him, to love those who are hard to love and to help those who wouldn’t do the same to us shows His love and shows we have Him.

20 We will feel guilt over sin as believers and at this time we will feel unworthy of His love the truth is by our works we are unworthy it is only by Christ that we can have His love it is by the love shown our on the cross that we can have love with God.