• We strive to be a place where there can be honest discussion, debate and fellowship. The rules are few so you can speak your mind. We know we are living in tough times and we hope to share answers and help with each other. Please join us.

Search results

1. C-breeze

Roman Catholic Church

And therein lies the issue, in that Catholicism elevates church tradition and papal infallibility to the same authoritative level as Scripture so justification doesn't have to be found in the Bible. What this amounts to is a declaration that Holy Scripture does not constitute the complete...
  2. C-breeze

Salvation by Grace Alone, Works or a Combination of the Two?

I think Ephesians 2:8 is pretty clear on the subject: "For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God." 'Not of yourselves' doesn't leave much room for works. Unless of course you're prepared to perform amazing gymnastics on the text.
  3. C-breeze

God and Time

I was just thinking how time bound creatures manage to have a transcendent sense of timelessness. True, we're not able to fully comprehend, but we do apprehend the concept, which I suppose begs the question of whether that which transcends physical reality must originate beyond said reality. In...
  4. C-breeze

What is the Role of Government?

Talk about a big topic... Hard to do it justice in just a few sentences. But if I had to give a nutshell response it'd probably go something like this: Should: First and foremost I see the role of government as keeping the peace, both externally and internally. Beyond that certain health and...