• We strive to be a place where there can be honest discussion, debate and fellowship. The rules are few so you can speak your mind. We know we are living in tough times and we hope to share answers and help with each other. Please join us.

Search results

1. Mungo

Catholicism - The Pope

Yes, move on to another Forum. It's pretty obvious you will not tolerate any dissent from your views.
  2. Mungo

Roman Catholicism

So you don't need Bible quotations - your word is enough! And I have given many Bible quotes that prove my case which as usual you ignore. God bless.
  3. Mungo

Catholicism - The Pope

As usual - not a single Bible quote to back up anything you say. Add that to the usual misinterpretation of what I say. It all adds up to a waste of time. God bless
  4. Mungo

Roman Catholicism

In all of this discussion on the Queen of Heaven YOU HAVE NOT POSTED ONE SINGLE BIBLE VERSE.
  5. Mungo

Catholicism - The Pope

Jesus gave Peter two things: 1. The keys to the Kingdom of Heaven AND 2. The authority to bind and loose. The keys represent a lot more than the authority to bind and loose (I'll come back to that) In Mt 18 Jesus have the authority to bind and loose to the apostles as a group. But he does not...
  6. Mungo

Catholicism - The Pope

On the contrary. I provide scripture to back up what I write. Apart from the OP you have provided no scripture to back up what you write.
  7. Mungo

Roman Catholicism

Well if you say so then it must be so! Not much of a debater are you - just a lot of dogmatic statements.
  8. Mungo

Catholicism - The Pope

Plenty of opinions but with evidence to back them up. Like all conversations with you it seems very one sided. I make a structured argument backed up by scriopture. You just dismiss it off hand. Not much of a debate is it?
  9. Mungo

Catholicism - The Pope

In Matthew 16 Jesus is speaking to Peter alone. He is giving Peter the keys and the authority to bind and loose. In Matthew 18 Jesus is speaking to all the apostles and he gives them - as a group - the authority to bind and loose. He does not give them the keys. So Peter alone has the keys and...
  10. Mungo

Catholicism - The Pope

In each gospel Peter makes a profession of faith in Christ: Simon Peter replied, “You are the Christ, the Son of the living God (Mt 16:16) Peter answered him, “You are the Christ.” (Mk 8:29) And Peter answered, “The Christ of God.” (Lk 9:20) Simon Peter answered him, “Lord, to whom shall we...
  11. Mungo

Catholicism - The Pope

Peter The Rock In the first chapter of John’s gospel we read of Jesus’ first meeting with Peter. At that point Peter is called Simon. Jesus says to Peter (vs 42) "So you are Simon the son of John? You shall be called Cephas" (which means Peter) Renaming someone is always significant in the...
  12. Mungo

Roman Catholicism

I was not discussing the Queen of Israel. I was discussing the Queen of the Davidic Kingdom. After Solomon, Israel split into the Northern Kingdom and the Southern (Judah). Jesus was of the tribe of Judah, the promised King from the line of David (Lk 1:32). I have given the evidence. As you...
  13. Mungo

Roman Catholicism

Yes it is. As to your link, this is a discussion forum not a link posting forum.
  14. Mungo

Roman Catholicism

I made a reply but someone deleted it.
  15. Mungo

Roman Catholicism

Have you any evidence for these erroneous claims?
  16. Mungo

Roman Catholicism

See post#22. The title is biblically based.
  17. Mungo

Roman Catholicism

God promised David his throne (i.e. his kingdom) would last for ever (2Sam 7:11-16). At the Annunciation the Angel says to Mary that her son (Jesus) “will be great and will be called Son of the Most High, and the Lord God will give him the throne of David his father, and he will rule over the...
  18. Mungo

Roman Catholicism

You haven't answered my question as to why making someone queen puts them on the same level with God. Let me help you out a bit on this. It doesn't. In Britain where I live we have a monarchy. It's only a constitutional monarchy now but once the monarch (king or queen) had real power. The...
  19. Mungo

Roman Catholicism

If you read the history of the Davidic kingdom in the OT you will see that it is the mother of the king who is queen.
  20. Mungo

Roman Catholicism

Why? It started with Solomon because the mother of the King was the Queen (Mother) That's why you are wrong.