• We strive to be a place where there can be honest discussion, debate and fellowship. The rules are few so you can speak your mind. We know we are living in tough times and we hope to share answers and help with each other. Please join us.

Search results

1. 2

Spoken Word

Hello Core There is a certain security in ambiguity.:smile: It seems we are at a impasse on certain points so I would like to concede, closing this discussion. Thank you and God bless.
  2. 2

Spoken Word

From our perspective words are just thoughts expressed but God is the creator when He says something then it is reality. As for carring the thought further it gets into the nature of the original sin, which is generally not accepted.
  3. 2

Spoken Word

Adam came the perfect way as a spoken word. Jesus also came the perfect way. He would not come by the fallen means. Mary was ONLY the bedding ground for the spoken Word. Comments.
  4. 2

Runs Deep

Amen to that. What I was trying to say is that it is in our human nature to try and put our hands on the wheel to garnish our ego and/or manufacture our own covering as did Adam after the fall.
  5. 2

Runs Deep

We may be a good ball player, Engineer or Politician but there is no such thing as a good Christian. If there is a 'I' in our Christian walk we are moving in the wrong direction. Comments...
  6. 2

Pharisee & Sadducee

Amen & Amen
  7. 2

Pharisee & Sadducee

They were smart people. They knew the scriptures. Why did they not recognize Jesus Christ?
  8. 2

Trivia

The 'I AM" then existed outside any creation? The WORD was then His first expression in creation? St. John 1:3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. I understand that the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit are three expressions (offices) of the...
  9. 2

Trivia

With 3 dimensional space being a creation is it infinite?
  10. 2

The Relationship of Husband and Wife

I understand that we can't keep the letter but the Word in us makes us perfect through the attonement. As for the Word being Christ - that gets into the God head...
  11. 2

True enough I don't think anyone expects perfection in the flesh but if we are willing to be led by the Holy Spirit then we have no problems with the Word.
  12. 2

I think a lot of the issue revolves around the service being a necessity to our calling. I think this shows that we are not quite there yet. If our service, what ever station we find ourselves in, was a result of the Word living in us then the earthly implications would't be a factor.
  13. 2

How to Read and Interpret the Bible

I agree that it is not primarily a matter of intellectual strength discerning 'the letter' but the life which comes from God. 'So that even a child need not err' God being omniscient and omnipotent (meaning He never has a new thought) has His word exactly as we should have it. To discern...
  14. 2

The King James Version

A number of years ago I did my four years at N.A.B.C. (Taylor University and Seminary) and at that time if my memory serves me the claim was that the New American Standard was the most accurate translation. I appreciate theology and all the good work that is done but the Word never did come nor...
  15. 2

Christ's Church

Amen Revelation - I like the example of the woman at the well, when she heard she received where in contrast the Pharisees called it the devil. To me revelation implies progression. I believe we live in a difficult and yet glorious hour. Closing in on the catching away. I believe the bride is...
  16. 2

Christ's Church

Matthew 16:17 & 18 17. And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven. 18. And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell...
  17. 2

Eternal

Do you deem 'no beginning and no end' a necessary component in the definition of eternal. If you do then angels are not in themselves eternal beings for we know that they were created. I understand that the only way that something can be eternal is if God's life dwells therein.
  18. 2

Eternal

We know that only God is eternal (no beginning and no end) and a giver of eternal life to the redeemed. If the lost are not granted eternal life then how can hell be eternal?