• We strive to be a place where there can be honest discussion, debate and fellowship. The rules are few so you can speak your mind. We know we are living in tough times and we hope to share answers and help with each other. Please join us.

Search results

1. Alter2Ego

Alter2Ego's Response to False Doctrines and Religions

CoreIssue: Therein lies your confusion. You have managed to convince yourself that "im" is added to words in Hebrew to make them plural, just as "s" is added to words in English to make them plural. What you do not understand are the following: 1. Words that end with "im" in Hebrew are...
  2. Alter2Ego

CoreIssue: I have already explained that "uniplural" is a Trinitarian invention. No such word actually exists in the real world except in Trinitarian lingo. I also quoted sources, including Encyclopedia Britannica, and they both say the same thing: that Elohym/Elohim can be used to refer to...
  3. Alter2Ego

CoreIssue: You are ignoring the fact that when Jehovah communicated with humans in the Bible, his frequent method was to send angels as his representatives. The humans would then address the angels as if they were addressing God himself because they realized the important role the particular...
  4. Alter2Ego

CoreIssue: Your denials will not change reality. Of course the account mentions angels. I quoted it for you from Genesis 19:1. You should have no problem looking it up in your preferred Bible version. Genesis 18:22 informs the reader that two of three "men" that had appeared to Abraham then...
  5. Alter2Ego

CoreIssue: Nothing from your above quoted source says anything about "a plural of unity constituting one." In fact, your source actually confirms what I have been telling you all along: that the word "Elohym" or "Elohim" can refer to either a singular god or plural gods, while you insist it...
  6. Alter2Ego

CoreIssue: That is incorrect. But since you are making the claim that "im" at the end of a Hebrew word = plural, suppose you quote credible sources where such is confirmed? In one of my last replies, I quoted a source that confirms that the Hebrew word "Elohim" can be used for SINGULAR god as...
  7. Alter2Ego

CoreIssue: The above account does not say the disciples worshipped Jesus "as God". True, the Bible that you quoted from uses the expression "worshipped him" at verse 17. But even that translation did not say anything resembling "as God." It was the custom of the time to bow down in respect...
  8. Alter2Ego

CoreIssue: The account at Genesis 18 does nothing for Christendom's Trinity. That account indicates Jehovah sent three angels to Abraham, to inform him that Sodom and Gomorrah was going to be destroyed. If you are going to argue that those three angels were Jehovah the Father, Jesus Christ...
  9. Alter2Ego

CoreIssue: Nobody is lecturing you. I am simply making my position clear: I will not have discussions with anyone who thinks personal attacks is acceptable debating strategy. Once the mud-slinging begins, I will simply disappear. That is incorrect. The Hebrew word Elohim can be both...
  10. Alter2Ego

Turning from the Truth

CoreIssue: You mean it does not word it how YOU want it worded. The scriptural quotation from Hebrews 6 clearly indicates that the individuals had previously repented. Not only that it says it is IMPOSSIBLE to get them to repent again because they had been brought to spiritual truths and...
  11. Alter2Ego

Turning from the Truth

CoreIssue: The above quotation from Hebrews 6:4-6 speaks for itself. It clearly says regarding persons who learned spiritual truths and returned to their former ways: "it is IMPOSSIBLE for those. . . to be brought back to repentance." Whenever it is "impossible" for someone to repent, that...
  12. Alter2Ego

CoreIssue: I have been gone from this forum for a couple years. I find it interesting that you would raise the issue of "doctrines contradicting the Bible," considering your Statement of Faith in which Christendom's most contradictory doctrine--the Trinity-- is heartily embraced by you. In...
Back