• We strive to be a place where there can be honest discussion, debate and fellowship. The rules are few so you can speak your mind. We know we are living in tough times and we hope to share answers and help with each other. Please join us.

Donald J. Trump

Willy

Pro Poster
Donald Trump is not going to all of a sudden turn over a new leaf and become some world renown leader. He thrives off his money and power. He says what ever needs saying to get either one and doesn't care about consequences because he believes he is above them all.
Maybe not but I hope he does ... Ted Cruz (in my opinion) is not your man either. That little smirk grin he gives after every pause gives him away. I would not buy a used car from the man and in my mind he is a phony. That is my gut. Have you seen the video of a young Ted Cruz saying that one day he would like to rule the world?

Obama is also destroying his own country by defining people by race instead of by a common standard of law. I think you're country is doomed if it can not see through this. I see civil war ahead unless you can get people to just be people and leave their ethnicity for holiday get-togethers.

Further, if there is civil war there are more than enough countries around that hate you enough to try and finish you off ... and then we get into the realm of last days scenario.

Trump has fully admitted he used all the tools of various laws and statutes to prosper his business. Isn't that the American way? He says some of the laws have to change or the country is toast. Did you hear him say that?

Willy

Pro Poster
He has poor family values, poor business acumen, poor moral values, poor communication skills.
Relative to whom? He's not running for sainthood just the president of a low morality country on the verge of dissolution.

My position is this. It does not really matter who is in charge of your country. The problem is with the people not any individual.

How could God give you a good leader when the country is falling into moral and religious decay?

Where is you're citizenship?

CoreIssue

Administrator
Staff member
Trump was a huge contributor to what has been happening at his rallies. He is an unapologetic liar, con man, and more.

He told his backers to physically attack opponents, and they have. Told them he would pay any costs.

One last video showed a backer sucker punching a guy carrying a sign against Trump, no violence. He went down and the backer started kicking him. He was arrested.

Trump's manager grabbed a female reporter and jerked her backwards, heavily bruising her arm. She filed charges and has a witness. It was an assault.

At the next event, he grabbed a guy from behind and started jerking him backwards. A cop intervened and pushed the manager away.

Trump is the definition of old style politician. Cruz is not, has not lied and has done a lot for this country. Trump has done nothing but financially and otherwise support establishment Republicans and Democrats.

Willy, you have yet to specify what Cruz has done wrong. Please spell it out so I know exactly.

On the Iowa video reference you gave, I support what Cruz said. Having grown up on a farm assuredly everything grown for consumption has been altered in some way. There are thousands of acres of experimental crop lands, in example, in my old state alone.

Having grown up near Chicago, the issues there existed long before Obama. I remember the 1968 convention, all the dead voting for Daily, the abuses by Daily and the Chicago establishment. The Black Panthers and Nation of Islam. So you are flat wrong laying this at Obama's feet alone.

Trump plays on emotions but totally lacks solutions, understanding of the Constitution and more.

I agree the US is in big trouble. But so is Canada.

Yes, CNN, MSNBC and FOX are all politically biased. So, we also watch Mark Levin, Rush Limbaugh and some other commentators to get a full spectrum of news and views. Plus am a member of a Facebook Group that posts links to all kinds of materials from different sources.

Trump is an opportunists. Having know many such via my different jobs in the past, I can tell you he is never to be trusted.

Jessie

Pro Poster
Core people cant continue to eat GMO's. the backlash of "cheap" food to feed the world is just stupid.
some seed can not reproduce. I have personally seen the problems with the corn allergy from this when the person was not allergic to corn in the first place. its horrifying. its not fit to eat.

it is NOT like the normal altering of a food. this is a change in the dna structure, and not from splicing two species together.
Round up is not ok to be ingesting.

and organic? its probably the same.

I did not like what Cruz said on the subject.

CoreIssue

Administrator
Staff member
It is far more complex issue than most people realize.

I agree it needs to be changed. No argument with that at all. And it will, having seen variations of this since I was a kid. But it will not happen overnight. Read here.

But, let me also add that some of these issues, such as allergies, are not caused by things like this. But actually doctors giving instructions to parents about what to feed kids.

Are you aware, in example, the surge in peanut allergies is actually due to parents not feeding kids under 6 peanut butter most of the time?

When my dad was growing up, they could not afford tomatoes. He was found to have a allergy when he went in the army. The doctor cured it by making his eat a container full of tomatoes at one sitting.

My point is kids need to be exposed to all kinds of foods and not live in a sterile environment. That does not allow the body to develop resistance.

How about saturated fats? They found the studies this was based on were not done properly and we actually need more than allowed under that regimen.

And margarine healthier than butter due in large part to saturated fat. Now they know margarine is not good.

And diet sodas bad? Depends on the kind, but I can tell you it is recommended substitute for diabetics.

And on and on.

My point is be careful in accepting such blanket statements. Remember, if GMO use goes down pesticide usage will go up.

Peanuts

Willy, you might find this one interesting.

Honestly, the GMO issue is out of the hands of any candidate. Nothing is going to change overnight.

Jessie

Pro Poster
of course kids cant live in sterile environments, perhaps I should have not said allergy but pesticides.

and yes, this issue is out of the hands of any candidate but him making light was not amusing and misleading.

I understand blanket statements but this is not blanket.
it is a blight which in turn is going to I believe be a player in the trib.

CoreIssue

Administrator
Staff member
Cruz most assuredly did not make light of it.

Literally, we are in a position of 'pick your poison.'

I have seen entire crops wiped out without using pesticide or modified crops, be it GMO or hybridizing. Then you cannot get that kind of food at all or cannot afford it.

But, I do understand the risks associated with both.

If you don't want pesticides, you have to go GMO. Just because a corp becomes pest resistant does not mean it is creating a pesticide like DDT etc.

Note in your link they referenced corn only. They deliberately picked a crop that had about the top problems out there.

In the Trib food shortage is causes by excessively extreme drought, not GMO or pesticide. Nothing can overcome such a drought.

Remember what the food issues a couple of years ago when excessive rain wiped out the corn crops in the Mid West? No corn equals no live stock feed.

Look at dairy and meat farmers. If not using GMO or biologics on their animals, if a disease hits it either kills the heard or they have to inject them. That means they can no longer be classified as free of such medicines and their milk and meat can no longer be sold as such.

Too many people think this is a simple issue with simple answers. All food free of such things will mean incredibly high costs and shortages. So just stopping is not realistic.

Jessie

Pro Poster
I would say corn is the worst of the lot.

quote:
Literally, we are in a position of 'pick your poison.'

yes thats correct. and no simple answers,
its gone far beyond that.
I do believe this will bring famine along with the other things in the trib.
we had shortages here of things because of the weather and massive fruit fly infestations in the stores.
I do understand. it is a sign of whats coming in time. yes we still had plenty but many shelves were literally empty.

its truly a mess, and I still think he dealt with it lightly. I am not a zealot.
the pick your poison is really the way it is.
sin has gone too far and I do believe the pestilences that would total the crop are a result of such things.
although not many will own that and it will get worse.

CTZonEdit

Site Administrator
Staff member
I really don't know what else to say when candidates like Donald Trump, Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders are considered viable choices. I really struggle with people's perception of reality if you are swayed by any of them.

I may just end up writing in my own candidate at this point with the way things are progressing.

OK. He does push button without providing details. Except for the wall, which was approved in 2011 and never finished.
Never finished because of Obama and as far as I can see, Hillary would be no different, because she wants the is voting base. It goes much further than a wall...Being illegal is a crime. Not prosecuting illegals, sending them back to Mexico and making your border agents to back off and look the other way is unlawful as well, it's called not upholding the constitution. If is is the law, enforce it, if not change the law! Give to Caesar what belongs to Caesar.

CoreIssue

Administrator
Staff member
Sadly, Cruz suspended his campaign.

That says a lot about how far the US has fallen.

My wife and I had talked about Trump getting the nomination. In good conscience we cannot vote for either Trump or Clinton.

The country cannot take another four years of this. I see it unraveling around me from local to national.

Dear Lord, please come.

CTZonEdit

Site Administrator
Staff member
Not voting for Trump is a vote for Hillary. Not voting for Trump is the same as saying you want 4 more years of Obama!

Informed voters know that they can actually write in a vote for any candidate they want.

I cannot in good conscience vote for any remaining candidate and I cannot in good conscience not vote.
So the only option I have left is to write in my vote.

I'll say it again: Hillary is the Democratic nominee . A no vote for Trump or a write-in, is essentially a vote for Hillary and a continuation of Obama's Administration. I hope you are proud of that! If you truly supported Cruz, then you should be applauded at your decision for an essential vote for Hillary!

Willy

Pro Poster
Trump is an unknown at this point in time. He could be really bad, not so bad, or really good. Nobody knows. You can bet now that if he is the nominee the big hats will be talking to him and teaching him and trying to mold him into what they want him to do. It should be interesting as we go along.

Do not write him off just yet. I know he is a scary guy but as I have said before, he is new at this.

Sure he has played all the politicians on both sides to get what he wanted as a developer, but to say he is a democrat hack because of this is a mistake.

Wait and see and judge rightly down the road ...

CoreIssue

Administrator
Staff member
No need to wait. He is a liberal that is going back to his old ways.

He just gave his support to the law allowing people to pick whichever bathroom they wish.

We are to judge by one's actions. His actions screamed loudly... LIBERAL.!!

CTZ, my wife and I had already agreed to write Cruz.

Some forget there is also what is called a protest vote. The Republican Party was created out of groups doing protest votes that united into one party.

The Republican Party has been shrinking for years. So has the Democrat. Time for both to die.

This is the fourth extremely bad Presidential candidates in a row. The Party did nothing to back a conservative.