• We strive to be a place where there can be honest discussion, debate and fellowship. The rules are few so you can speak your mind. We know we are living in tough times and we hope to share answers and help with each other. Please join us.

Gal 5:13-14

clark thompson

Advanced Poster
Galatians 5:13-14 King James Version (KJV)
13 For, brethren, ye have been called unto liberty; only use not liberty for an occasion to the flesh, but by love serve one another.

14 For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

Galatians 5:13-14 complete Jewish Bible (CJB)
13 For, brothers, you were called to be free. Only do not let that freedom become an excuse for allowing your old nature to have its way. Instead, serve one another in love.14 For the whole of the Torahis summed up in this one sentence:“Love your neighbor as yourself”;

Complete Jewish Bible(CJB) Copyright © 1998 by David H. Stern. All rights reserved.

These are my thoughts, please share yours.

13 Liberty thru Christ dying under the law, He made us free from the law this is the liberty Paul is talking about. Paul is saying being free from the law and knowing you can be forgiven is not an accuse to live as you want, when you do this you make yourself Lord and not Him. He loved us and we are to share His love with others that they may come to Him as we did, we are to win them to the faith thru love.

14 The law was and is fulfilled thru Jesus, we could never fulfill it. Paul is saying though that the law is summed up in this one thing, love your neighbor, love everyone you come into contact with, we can know love though until we accept the love of Christ.

13 For, brethren, ye have been called unto liberty; only use not liberty for an occasion to the flesh, but by love serve one another.

14 For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

13 For, brothers, you were called to be free. Only do not let that freedom become an excuse for allowing your old nature to have its way. Instead, serve one another in love.14 For the whole of the Torahis summed up in this one sentence:“Love your neighbor as yourself”;

Complete Jewish Bible(CJB) Copyright © 1998 by David H. Stern. All rights reserved.

13 Liberty thru Christ dying under the law, He made us free from the law this is the liberty Paul is talking about. Paul is saying being free from the law and knowing you can be forgiven is not an accuse to live as you want, when you do this you make yourself Lord and not Him. He loved us and we are to share His love with others that they may come to Him as we did, we are to win them to the faith thru love.

14 The law was and is fulfilled thru Jesus, we could never fulfill it. Paul is saying though that the law is summed up in this one thing, love your neighbor, love everyone you come into contact with, we can know love though until we accept the love of Christ.

I think you may want to consider the following:
The New Covenant is not a new law, the New Covenant is grace freely given as we walk in (keep) the perfect, integrated sanctification process which God has given to mankind. The TEN Commandments.
The "law" which Paul is arguing against in the book of Galation's: I think with a closer reading you'll find that he is basically in a rant against circumcision all through Galation's as well as in other areas of some of his other letters.
I don't think that most Christians realize that when we arise from the grave of baptism, we are not only " clean" but we are also born into the royal priesthood of Christ. As one of his priest's it is our job to grow within the sanctification process (which is much more efficacious if the process is entered as a child) but just as importantly, I believe that our primary responsibility is to be the guardians of the royal sanctification law: The Ten Commandments.

CoreIssue

Administrator
Staff member
I am aware you sell books where you espouse positions you have developed. Problem is they do not agree with the Bible.

Trying to take aspects of the OT and merge it with NT does not work. What you are saying just does not exist in the Bible.

I am aware you sell books where you espouse positions you have developed. Problem is they do not agree with the Bible.

Trying to take aspects of the OT and merge it with NT does not work. What you are saying just does not exist in the Bible.
You are a mean spirited nasty person and as a Christian you should be ashamed of yourself.