• We strive to be a place where there can be honest discussion, debate and fellowship. The rules are few so you can speak your mind. We know we are living in tough times and we hope to share answers and help with each other. Please join us.

Growing Efforts by Islam to Convert People

CoreIssue

Administrator
Staff member
More and more attacks on non Muslim websites are occurring.

In example, a local newspaper website was hit. A lot of server files were corrupted, etc.

There are more and more efforts to persuade people to accept Islam. CTZ has not been immune.

I think it is time there are some discussions on the issue of what is going on and on some of the claims.

One claim is the Bible was written in Arabic:
Bible Languages
Arabic Language
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arabic_language
Another is the claims in Islam about Mohamed, etc are true:
Muslim Myths

That is a good start to add to and expand.

Muslims are free to join in.

Just remember, this is not a site for preaching, name calling or preaching. It is a discussion and debate site where you must be able to refute or make claims based on fact.

JohnDefoe

Hi Admin,

Thanks for opening this discussion.

As a Muslim I condemn whoever is hacking and trying to sabotage any newspaper or website.

But the trying to convert ppl to Muslim part, for which I agree and will try as long as I live because:

As per Quran the unbelievers go to Hell. And in Quran there is a comprehensive details of the punishments which will be given to them. This is why we Muslims want save others from the Burning Hellfire. If you read the Quran translations from below link you will realize that its something to be scared of.

http://www.noblequran.com/translation/

May the GOD fearing see his true path & be saved from his hell fire & be admitted to his Gardens of Bliss forever.

CoreIssue

Administrator
Staff member
I have read to Quran and done research on Muslim claims, etc. They don't add up.

How about replying to the materials provided that show Islam to be false?

That does not mean quoting the Quran as proof. I mean historical, archaeological and other sources, like we can quote for the Bible.

Remember, this thread is not about challenging Christianity or preaching Islam. It is your opportunity to provide proof.

Had to say that because having debated Muslims before. Always has immediately been quotes from the Quran and attacks on Christianity rather than to prove their religion.

JohnDefoe

If you have read the Quran, did you find anything which says that GOD is the moon god??? Or there is anything else to be worhshipped except GOD?
You believe in GOD but you are Naive enough to consider partners to God or equals to God. And also making a Human equal to God which will never happen. I am not trying to Attack Christianity or any other religion. I am saying that we I believe in the same God as you do & that as per the Quran which is a Miracle is telling about the Punishments which you will face, for which you need to be very concerned.

If you have read the Quran, please tell me is there any scientific miracles in the Quran? And who do you think brought this Quran? I mean, you believe that it is from Mohammed or Muslims, right? Have you ever considered the fact that is it same everywhere, this book is same in all countries. No second edition or 3rd.

When you pray, do you pray to God or Jesus or the Holy Ghost? Who decides to answer your prayer? These things shows us that God is only ONE and he doesn't have any one as his partner.

CoreIssue

Administrator
Staff member
Classical Muslim response, exactly what I said was not a answer. You are preaching, not giving proofs.

The ancient Moon God Allah existed long before Islam. Along with his Crescent Moon symbol.

Islam believes in Allah and has adopted the Crescent Moon symbol.

It does not matter what the Koran says. You need to deal with and explain that continuity of the pagan religion name and symbol into the Islam.

And you are wrong on there only being one Koran. Many versions were burned and a politician in history determined which was the official Koran.

This is unlike other religions where the 'prophet' was also the author. Unlike the ancient manuscript sources dating to the times of the authors in such as Christianity.

Please provide your documented historical proofs from non Muslim sources.

Christianity has manuscripts from sources that were enemies of Jesus and Christianity, such Romans, Judaism, Persians, etc.They confirmed information on miracles, etc.

The Muslim claims of miracles by Mohammad only come from Muslims. Even then from one or two claimed eye witnesses or, more often the claims of Mohammad with no witnesses.

This is exactly the same kind of claims that come from Mormonism, in example.

You say read the Koran. They say read the Book of Mormon, Pearls of Wisdom etc.

Why should we believe either of you?

We also know early Islam forced people to convert under threat of the sword. Then forbid any source of challenge or evidence to the contrary under pain of death.

We still see that with Sharia Law and courts from different Islamic sects.

Words alone are not going to persuade anyone here. You need to give us proof.

JohnDefoe

See this is where you are misled!!! Even though you dont have anything to prove that Islam came from this so called Moon god & we dont believe in this moon god and there is no verse in the Quran which relates god to moon, but on the contrary Quran says God is one & has no partners, still you very convinced & morethan happy to accept that Islam is from this Pagan religion!!! How crazy is that???

You have more proof than Christian religion itself to relate islam to this so called moon god. Thats jealousy and hatred.

Even though Quran gives so many explanations and proofs of so many things, you dont want to accept it, because you dont like it.

For example: You ask me to bring Gold & when I brought gold & you know its gold but you dont want to believe it because you have made up your mind, not to do so in the first place.

You see if Mohamed (PBUP) who doesn't read or write brings a book which is from this Moon god or is copy or similar, than for sure it ask the followers to believe in this Moon god, right? Not the opposite!!!! And if this was from Bible than it will teach us to Practice what you are doing.

But no..... Quran says that God is One & you pray only to him, Alone.

And you say Quran has many versions & that Politicians burned some of it, was it only than, after that no other copies???? and no body dared to change it???? or accept anything else??? You said there was an authentic bible, but now, you cant even count the number number of additions and contradictions.

And most of the Miracles of Mohamed was seen by Non-Muslims, and there were so many eyewitnesses.

And before and after he started preaching Islam, he was famous for Not lying ever. He never told a lie in his LIFE. And to this all his Enemies also agree.

When he preaches that we all should believe only in God, what benefit does he have??????? When he says that Jesus is his brother in Islam and a Messenger but Not God, what does Mohamed get????

He remained a poor man all his life & died a poor man, while being the Prophet & had nothing for his family to inherit.

Jesus will never say he is GOD or worship me, right??? And the Holy Ghost also being a God, has he done anything like telling Jesus or a Human that he is God too???

Even though you dont fint anything Bad or unbelievable in Quran, you just dont like it and dont want to believe it, right???

If so that's something else. And Iam 100% sure you will face the Punishment of the Almighty & regret not Pondering what I am telling you very plainly.

CTZonEdit

Site Administrator
Staff member
Even though you dont have anything to prove that Islam came from this so called Moon god & we dont believe in this moon god and there is no verse in the Quran which relates god to moon

Here is some proof:

The archaeological evidence demonstrates that the dominant religion in Arabia was the cult of the moon-god. The Old Testament consistenly rebuked the worship of the moon-god (e.g. Dt.4:19; 17:3; 2 Ki.21:3,5; 23:5; Jer.8:2; 19:13; Zeph.1:5). When Israel fell into idolatry, it was usually to the cult of the moon-god. In Old Testament times, Nabonidus (555-539 BC), the last King of Babylon, built Tayma, Arabia, as a centre od moon-god worship.

Karum1.gif

Anatolian mural from Karum - notice the boxed pre-Islamic Crescent-and-Star glyph

Karum2.gif

Another pre-Islamic crescent moon and star from the same location

Karum-moon.gif

the ancient Sumerians worshipped a moon-god who was called by many different names. The most popular names were Nanna, Suen, and Asimbabbar (Mark Hall, A Study of the Sumerian Moon-god, Sin, PhD., 1985, University of Pennsylvania). His symbol was the crescent moon. Given the amount of artifacts concerning the worship of this moon-god, it is clear that this was the dominant religion in Sumeria. The cult of the moon-god was the most popular religion throughout ancient Mesopotamia. The Assyrians, Babylonians, and Arkkadians took the word Suen and transformed it into the word Sîn as their favourite name for this deity.

When the popularity of the moon-god waned elsewhere, the Arabs remained true to their conviction that the moon-god was the greatest of all gods. While they worshipped 360 gods at the Kabah in Mecca, the moon-god was the chief deity. Mecca was in fact built as a shrine for the moon-god. This is what made it the most sacred site of Arabian paganism.

Evidence gathered from both North and South Arabia demonstrate that moon-god worship was clearly active even in Muhammad's day and was still the dominant cult.
According to numerous inscriptions, while the name of the moon-god was Sîn, his title was al-ilah, "the deity", meaning that he was the chief of high god among the gods.

The moon-god was called al-ilah, the god, which was shortened to Allah in pre-Islamic times. The pagan Arabs even used Allah in the names they gave to their children. For example, both Muhammad's father and uncle has Allah as part of their names. The fact that they were given such names by their parents proves that Allah was the title for the moon-god even in Muhammad's day.

JohnDefoe

Even though you dont have anything to prove that Islam came from this so called Moon god & we dont believe in this moon god and there is no verse in the Quran which relates god to moon

Here is some proof:

The archaeological evidence demonstrates that the dominant religion in Arabia was the cult of the moon-god. The Old Testament consistenly rebuked the worship of the moon-god (e.g. Dt.4:19; 17:3; 2 Ki.21:3,5; 23:5; Jer.8:2; 19:13; Zeph.1:5). When Israel fell into idolatry, it was usually to the cult of the moon-god. In Old Testament times, Nabonidus (555-539 BC), the last King of Babylon, built Tayma, Arabia, as a centre od moon-god worship.

Karum1.gif

Anatolian mural from Karum - notice the boxed pre-Islamic Crescent-and-Star glyph

Karum2.gif

Another pre-Islamic crescent moon and star from the same location

Karum-moon.gif

the ancient Sumerians worshipped a moon-god who was called by many different names. The most popular names were Nanna, Suen, and Asimbabbar (Mark Hall, A Study of the Sumerian Moon-god, Sin, PhD., 1985, University of Pennsylvania). His symbol was the crescent moon. Given the amount of artifacts concerning the worship of this moon-god, it is clear that this was the dominant religion in Sumeria. The cult of the moon-god was the most popular religion throughout ancient Mesopotamia. The Assyrians, Babylonians, and Arkkadians took the word Suen and transformed it into the word Sîn as their favourite name for this deity.

When the popularity of the moon-god waned elsewhere, the Arabs remained true to their conviction that the moon-god was the greatest of all gods. While they worshipped 360 gods at the Kabah in Mecca, the moon-god was the chief deity. Mecca was in fact built as a shrine for the moon-god. This is what made it the most sacred site of Arabian paganism.

Evidence gathered from both North and South Arabia demonstrate that moon-god worship was clearly active even in Muhammad's day and was still the dominant cult.
According to numerous inscriptions, while the name of the moon-god was Sîn, his title was al-ilah, "the deity", meaning that he was the chief of high god among the gods.

The moon-god was called al-ilah, the god, which was shortened to Allah in pre-Islamic times. The pagan Arabs even used Allah in the names they gave to their children. For example, both Muhammad's father and uncle has Allah as part of their names. The fact that they were given such names by their parents proves that Allah was the title for the moon-god even in Muhammad's day.

Allah in Arabic means GOD, and from the beginning of time ppl believe in GOD, and the idolaters who worshiped different hand made items believed that the item or idol is GOD, so the pagans believe in GOD but they have so many other small gods which they associate with the TRUE Almighty.

If an Arab Christian wants to call his God in Arabic, he can say Allah.

Allah is just a name of many names given to the Almighty.

The point here is that you & me or all who worship the Almighty is worshiping GOD or Allah or Almight, or Arr-Rahman and so many other names given as in Quran.

But associating anything else with the Almighty and keeping it or them as equals and partners is the Biggest mistake or sin that Christians and the Jews are doing.

And in Muhammad's time he was the one who opposed this worship of other Idols, including Moon god. This is why the ppl of Mecca tried to Kill him and he was forced to migrate to Madina. The Chiefs even approached him and offered him Money, status or Kingship to stop preaching others against those Idols, or Moon god or whatever. But you are saying we believe and Moon god? when we DONT????

Did I say that Christians worship stone??? No...because they dont & you are witnesses of this. So when Muhammad opposed to this Moon god & the Quran has nothing to do with Moon god, but still as an excuse not to realize the truth, you are making false accusations.

History which was written by NON-Muslims who are against Islam you are quoting, but any history or anything Written by Muslims Arabs you don't want to believe.

This is why I am saying, read the Quran and find mistakes in it. If not, and iam sure you cant.

When I say you must be worried about the Punishment mentioned in Quran, Am I crazy or Am I asking you for anything in return, NO....

CTZonEdit

Site Administrator
Staff member
Allah in Arabic means GOD, and from the beginning of time ppl believe in GOD, and the idolaters who worshiped different hand made items believed that the item or idol is GOD, so the pagans believe in GOD but they have so many other small gods which they associate with the TRUE Almighty.

If an Arab Christian wants to call his God in Arabic, he can say Allah.

When an Arab-Christian uses the term "Allah" they may be using the general term for god in Arabic but they are not referring to the same god. The Muslim god and the Christian are not one in the same. There is a clear distinction between the two.

The name allah does not appear anywhere in the Old or New Testaments ever. YHWH (Yahweh) is the name for God in the OT. It is completely unique to the Hebrew god and to the OT bible alone. Nowhere else is YHWH ever used or worshiped by any other OT culture or religion besides that of the Hebrews.

CoreIssue

Administrator
Staff member
CTZ is absolutely correct here. In ancient times Allah always referred to the Moon God.

In fact, such as the ancient Persians spoke Parsi, not Arabic.

Because it became a generic term later has nothing to do with the ancient usage.

As for history written by Muslims, there is a reason to not accept it. It is like Catholic writings, written to support their religion.

Just as Catholics invented history and were later caught in the lies, so have Muslim so-called historians.

Those that dare acknowledge these facts put their live at risk. At best the are ignore of ostracized.

Your sole reply to materials posted proving false claims is to declare they are lies and to tell people to read the Koran. Not a real disproof at all.

Sorry, CTZ, just tossing that in from the side, not joining the discussion.

darren lee

More and more attacks on non Muslim websites are occurring.

In example, a local newspaper website was hit. A lot of server files were corrupted, etc.

There are more and more efforts to persuade people to accept Islam. CTZ has not been immune.

I think it is time there are some discussions on the issue of what is going on and on some of the claims.

One claim is the Bible was written in Arabic:
Bible Languages
Arabic Language
Another is the claims in Islam about Mohamed, etc are true:
Muslim Myths

That is a good start to add to and expand.

Muslims are free to join in.

Just remember, this is not a site for preaching, name calling or preaching. It is a discussion and debate site where you must be able to refute or make claims based on fact.

darren lee

Those that dare acknowledge these facts put their live at risk. At best the are ignore of ostracized.
i totally agree. an islamic couple tried to convert my parents,who have been life long christians.
they will never listen to others opinions,they forcefully push their views and beliefs on other people and will never
debate or try to understand others faith.

CoreIssue

Administrator
Staff member
A few have come on and claimed to debate. Actually they were preaching. Pushing their view, as you said.

While rare, there actually are a few that converted from Islam to Christianity.

darren lee

god is love! why are you all bickering about petty words and understanding.he loves us all, it hurts me that there is such anamosity.
love is all that matters.

Willy

Pro Poster
new to reply. forgive my inoccents. who is god ?god is love why do you all doubt him on this site ?

God loves but He is also just. If someone killed your family what would you like God to do about that?
forgive them. as the lord said forgive!

I applaud you for that answer ... most people when you turn the question back to them would scream for justice to be done ...

However, what stops them from hurting others ..?

God says "vengeance is His" so at least he is taking it out of our hands ...

I know our modern idea of love is spoiling a lot of our children because they have no discipline in their lives. You can see it when they fight and kill each other over an argument ...

Real love needs to be a tough love at times ..?

CoreIssue is right on his understanding of scripture that God requires a person repent and believe what He has said is true.

I do applaud your answer, however ...

Welcome to CTZ Darren ...

:hi2:

Junkers all

The non christian gods will always be more popular because they fit so easly into our humsn minds the problem with that is that makes them smaller than our minds and not God at all. How different from the Triune God of the bible. He can not fit into the human mind.