• We strive to be a place where there can be honest discussion, debate and fellowship. The rules are few so you can speak your mind. We know we are living in tough times and we hope to share answers and help with each other. Please join us.

Homosexual Christians

CTZonEdit

Site Administrator
Staff member
I'm seeing a disturbing trend where more and more people are coming out as practicing homosexuals that are claiming to also be Christians.

I do not see how this is possible to blatantly continue sinning and remain in Christ.
I could be missing something but in order to embrace the belief that homosexuality is not a sin you would have to reject the biblical commands against it.

The question is that by rejecting these commands are you rejecting Christ?

Here is one of the latest:
http://www.pitchsidereport.com/2015/03/17/ella-masar-love-entry-25/

CoreIssue

Administrator
Staff member
Note they only quote verses that they try to spin to defend themselves? They run away from the verses that condemn it.

Is the person born-again or not? That is the real question. And God is the one who decides that issue.

The Bible does say we will be tempted and sin. But it also says we recognize it as sin when we do so.

Further, it does says there are those who are into sex sin that are saved who are not ceasing the practice. We are told to throw those people out of our church, gatherings etc. Bluntly says to save their spirits their flesh will be killed.

God has certain sins he will not tolerate a true Christian practicing. Homosexuality is one of them.

But those are rare exceptions, not widespread.

Someone who says they are a Christian while trying to say God created homosexuals, in my opinion, were never saved and will not be saved. The Holy Spirit will not allow this in our lives unchallenged or unpunished, per the Bible.

Being Christian as a philosophy, social agenda, evolving society, etc is not being born-again.

CTZonEdit

Site Administrator
Staff member
We love because he first loved us.
God is love.

What gives us the right to redefine love?
"Love is love" is the new phrase going around in the LGBT community. Love is love is meaningless and nonsensical.

God is love. We show love by being obedient to God not by loving everyone and everything and everything that they do in the name of "love".

CoreIssue

Administrator
Staff member
I agree. God loves all but it won't stop him from sending them to the Lake for eternity.

People want to forget that above all else God is just.

Jessie

Pro Poster
this should probably be another thread but...
caught the spin on tv the other day to bash Christians with this..
with the marraiges its about flowers and cakes (on the tv) so another chimed in to say
"what about if the person needs medical attention and so on" and then they quickly moved on.

we know that if someone needed food, medical attention ect. they would be given it by any genuine Christian.

and those who do not know better believe the nonsense.

CTZonEdit

Site Administrator
Staff member
There is no critical thinking anymore about religion.
Only when religion steps on the non believers toes do you get a reaction out of them and the reaction is this increasingly intolerant behavior and irrational hatred.
Something called ... bigotry.

Lee Delivered

2 Timothy3:13 But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived.

Romans1:28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge
, God gave them over to areprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;

Leviticus 20:13
If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

Deuteronomy 22:5
The woman shall not wear that which pertaineth unto a man, neither shall a man put on a woman's garment: for all that do so are abomination unto the Lord thy God.

Sin of every king will wax worse and worse even until the time of God's Judgment. The Day of the Lord will be great and terrible and men's faces will grow pail for fear. The ungodly prospereth for a season but they shall not escape.

CTZonEdit

Site Administrator
Staff member
Now I'm beginning to see more and more that claim Christianity but do not believe that homosexuality is a sin.
That we should allow practicing homosexual couples into a church because "Christ loves everyone."

When you question their reasoning they either don't want to talk about it or have a distorted view of scriptures, the bible in general, and Christ himself.

Not only is God's word being distorted now churches are being split apart because of homosexuality.

CTZonEdit

Site Administrator
Staff member
If they are being split up over homosexual issues then I'd say no they really aren't and its probably best they do split.

CTZonEdit

Site Administrator
Staff member
I watched this last night live and I thought it was very enlightening.

http://www.thevillagechurch.net/resources/is-god-anti-gay/

There is one hour of talk and one hour of questions and answers following.

Here is an excerpt:

The culture says you are your sexuality. That your sexuality is your feelings and those feelings are who you are. Those feelings define you. That is you when you are most you. That is the key to understanding and being yourself.

This how society sees what a human being is but it's completely inadequate and inaccurate description of what a human being is.

The bible says our sexual identity is found in the natural function of our bodies not in our feelings.

In Genesis 1 God says he made them male and female, not opposite sex attracted and same sex attracted. Fundamental sexual identity is in being made male or female. In the bible that sexual identity is part of your eternal identity. You were created male or female and we know that when we are raised again in the resurrection we will raised as God created us either male or female. We know this because when Jesus rose from the dead he was raised as he was created a male.

Sexual feelings are not eternal. We were not born experiencing sexual feelings. We know that when we are raised from the dead we will not experience the same sexual feelings we feel here in this life so our sexual feeling are not eternal. They are temporary and even in this life they shift around. So our sexual feelings are not the central things we need to be placing our human identities in.

Our culture has this completely backwards. The culture says our bodies are malleable feel free to change around your gender anyway you want but your sexual feelings are unchangeable and eternal.

The bible says something completely opposite. This is good news that our sexual feelings are not the key to who we are. Because if they are if our sexuality is our identity then our sexuality is everything and fulfilling our sexual desires is key to being whole and complete as a human being. A culture which says your are your sexuality is a culture that says if you are not sexually fulfilled your life is not worth living.

But we have good news. Jesus does two things in his teaching about sex he doesn't just restrict where sexual activity is designed to happen within a marriage, he also shows us that sex is not the key to fulfillment. He demonstrates that in his own life. Jesus was single and celibate. The most fully human and complete man to ever walk the earth never had sex. Even in his example he shows us that sex is not the key to human fulfillment.

Actually he shows us the thing that is. This is liberating to know. It means that our whole sense of the worth of our lives and our whole sense of fulfillment is not attached to our sexual desires. It doesn't mean we are indifferent to them or pretend they are not there but it does mean we are not bound to them. It does mean that however deep they may run they are not the core of who we are. They are the signpost to the desires that are the key to life.

Lucia Magdalena

Would that mean that practicing gay and lesbians aren't true believers? Would they be considered "Luke warm"? It is difficult for me to understand that people who practice same-sex attraction don't feel guilty. One of my coworkers is openly gay and he is always talking to me about God. It shocked me when I first met him because he considers himself to be very spiritual. How can he be gay and Christian? Then again, all sins are the same to God, right? Sin is sin (Only in the Catholic religion sins are measured as small or capital or deadly. ). So who is to say that being gay and/or lesbians is worse than lying to your parents? Or spreading false rumors? Or committing adultery?

Just reading the thread made me wonder about these things...

CoreIssue

Administrator
Staff member
Would that mean that practicing gay and lesbians aren't true believers? Would they be considered "Luke warm"?
I can find nothing but condemnation for those who continue to practicing homosexuality, whether they claim to be saved or not.

So, I would say they were never saved,
It is difficult for me to understand that people who practice same-sex attraction don't feel guilty.
Many people give themselves over to what the Bible calls "lusts of the flesh." They are totally carnal, in all senses of the word.
One of my coworkers is openly gay and he is always talking to me about God. It shocked me when I first met him because he considers himself to be very spiritual. How can he be gay and Christian?
He cannot be Christian and practicing homosexual.

Those who struggle with homosexual desires but resist them can very well be saved. And they most assuredly suffer guilt.
Matthew 7
21 “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22 Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?’ 23 Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’
Then again, all sins are the same to God, right?
All sin is sin but some sin is more deadly than others.

I cannot think of any sin other than homosexuality where God says it makes him sick to the point of vomiting.
Sin is sin (Only in the Catholic religion sins are measured as small or capital or deadly. ).
The RCC gets far too many things wrong.
So who is to say that being gay and/or lesbians is worse than lying to your parents? Or spreading false rumors? Or committing adultery?
God in the Bible.

Sex sin is deadly to families, societies, and nations.
Just reading the thread made me wonder about these things...
Questions and learning are good. Called sanctification.

Lucia Magdalena

Thank you for breaking it down for me. I'm just confused as to the depth of sin and deadly sin. What is the difference? I have heard of the 7 Deadly Sins but I thought that was only in Catholicism? People have been using the quote: "Don't judge us just because we sin differently than you do." Is that term justified?

CoreIssue

Administrator
Staff member
For salvation, all sin is sin. A tiny lie will will put one is Hell just like a a major one. So all sin is equal as regards salvation.

There are no degrees of being damned. No degrees of being saved. Damned is damned and saved is saved.

As far as damage goes, some sins are more damaging to the person, family, society, etc. There are different levels of punishment in the Lake in Eternity, just like there are different levels of rewards for saints.

Being damned or saved is not earned. Punishment and rewards are.

All sin can be forgiven except for blasphemy of of the Holy Spirit. That means one has so hardened their hearts and minds they can no longer hear the Holy Spirit trying to reach them for salvation.

The Bible says we are to judge those within the Church, meaning the Body of Christ, not the RCC. But we are to do so justly and for the purposes of correction, rebuking and teaching.

Lucia Magdalena

So it terms of making one another a better person, we can judge. I think I understand. Judgement towards those attempting to live in a godly manner, is healthy because we aim to guide and help each other. Should we not judge others that are worldly?

Lucia Magdalena

How would you do that without offending them? There is an entire area on the beach dedicated to homosexuality. I find myself surrounded by it everyday.

CoreIssue

Administrator
Staff member
You have to be civil and not sound superior or apologetic. Even then they could go into a rage.

Talk alone, never a group except on rare exception.

Even then it is best to have already established you are not their enemy. Just friendly face. Sometimes it takes time to even be able to breach the subject.